ITTICA GOLFO FOLLONICA: NORTH ITALY.
- Installed 3 miles off-shore the Thyrhenian coast of Italy, South of PIombino.
- Delivered in spring 2008
- An exceptional storm hit the site in November 2008. This occurence was classified as a 50-yr return period storm event in the area.
- The cage facility weathered through this without damages to the structures nor to the fish stock.
- Particular attention was devoted to the mooring system configuration and specification to ensure an even spread of environmental loads between the nets - cages - moorings which interact in synergy.
- Hight tenacity ropes and chains are utilized throughout, combined with multiple deep lines to attain a secure and at same time "light" structure.