Follonica (Tuscany-Italy) March 2019: Italian fish farming group expands with 10 Refa Med cages.
In this facility we have successfully applied new products and solutions:
- Our latest H.T. composite ropes, substituting the conventional Polysteel / Danline mooring ropes of 52 mm Ø with equivalent strength of 42 mm H.T. composite.
- Reduced resistance to marine forces.
- Lower fouling.
- Greatly improved abrasion and UV resistance.
- Refa Ray twin-blade, high tensile steel anchor, with the benefits of:
- Ease of installation: <50% weight/holding power ratio, compared to standard drag-embedment anchors.
- Assurance of immediate sediment penetration and holding power when applying pull on the anchor’s chain lines.
- Introduced the redesigned version of our triangular 315 mm cage bracket to:
- Optimise seaworthiness combining balanced cage shape retention and
- Lenient access by husbandry operators.